For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation and, including GDPR, (EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679), (“Data Protection Legislation”), and in respect to visitors to the studio, the data controller is Piano and Pilates Studio, at 5, Nonsuch Court Avenue, Ewell, Surrey, KT17 2RX.
We may change this policy from time to time, depending on changes in the law and our internal privacy processes. We encourage you to check it from time to time when you visit our website.
What kind of personal information we collect:
- Personal and contact details including history such as first name, surname, email, address, and phone number.
- Your date of birth, gender, and age.
- Family members (if they also use our services and products).
- Emergency contact information.
- Information about your health– only when relevant to the provision of our services to you (see ‘What we use your personal information for and the legal grounds ‘).
- Purchase information– including details of sessions booked or vouchers you have purchased in the past.
- Visit information– including past and future appointments and class attendance dates
- Records of your contact with us.
- Financial and transactional data – when you make a payment directly to the studio via online banking or in cash, and how much.
Sources of personal information about you
There are a number of ways in which we receive personal information from you:
- Directly, either in person, over the phone, by email or via our website. From third party platforms you have used to discover and book our services. including Acuity Scheduling.
- Information generated about you when you use our studios, services, and website.
- Referral letters/correspondence from your respective 3rd party referrer (Consultant/GP/Physiotherapist) that you choose to share with us.
The Piano and Pilates Studio Website
We collect Cookies from you when you visit our website. These are small text files that are downloaded onto a computer, tablet or mobile device when someone visits a website. They allow the website to recognise that visitor’s device and store some information about the visitor’s preferences or past actions on our site. We collect cookies so we can analyse how you and others use our site so we can improve it for you and understand our business. You can switch off cookies off in your browser from the auto-generated pop-up.
Piano and Pilates Studio Data Philosophy
We follow industry agreed best practice on data collection and are fully GDPR compliant, processing and storing any data we collect from you only as a necessity to provide you with our on-going service.
We never buy information about you, or anyone else
Other than the disclosures referred to in this policy, we will not disclose any personal information without your permission unless we are legally entitled or obliged to do so (for example, if required to do so by Court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime) or for fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
Our policy is not to share data unless necessary to manage your bookings with us – for instance with third party platforms as detailed below.
We never have, and never will, sell our clients’ data.
What we use your personal information for and the legal grounds for doing do:
Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- Administer and manage the service you have with us.
- To monitor and keep records of our interactions with you and our staff.
- To improve the quality of our service provision to you.
Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- For management and auditing of business operations.
- For market research and analysis.
- To develop new services and review/improve current products and services.
To comply with our legal obligations:
- To understand any injuries, illnesses or medical conditions you may have to ensure your health and safety in the use of our services.
- Although we do not make it compulsory to give us every item of information we ask for and will always make it clear what information is and isn’t optional, the more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we can tailor your experience with us.
- Please note: if you withhold information from us relating to any injuries, medical conditions or other issues that could affect your ability to exercise or to perform specific exercises safely, we cannot be held responsible or liable for any injuries you suffer as a result.
Third Party Vendors
At Piano and Pilates Studio, we do not share your data with any third party other than platforms and technology utilised to service our business. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, third parties’ collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information.
Below details the third parties we share personal data with and why – and links to their Privacy Policies and Security Policies (where relevant).
Acuity Scheduling with Square Space is our class booking software in which we store and manage your personal data to enable us to provide our services to you. https://www.squarespace.com/privacy
Quick Books is our accounting software used for invoicing for sessions. https://www.intuit.com/privacy/statement/
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our site and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
What to do if your personal information changes
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, you may do so at any time, simply by contacting us.
How long we retain your personal information for
We will retain your information for as long as we have reasonable business needs and in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance. Once one-to-one sessions or participation in classes come to an end, your personal data will be destroyed / permanently deleted after 3 calendar months.
- You have the right to request access to personal information we store about you and to obtain information about how we process it.
- You also have the right to request that we erase all personal data about you (“right to be forgotten”).
- To do any of the above please contact Piano and Pilates Studio directly at email@example.com.